Your Hilltopper Card is your identification card. It offers you a convenient and secure way to make purchases and utilize campus services and resources, including dining plans. It is permanent and may be used as long as you are a registered student or active employee of the university. The card is the property of the university and is non-transferable.

How do I get a card? 

Simply come to the Hilltopper Card Office during regular business hours. You will need to bring a current government issued photo ID with you. Acceptable forms of identification are a state issued ID, driver's license, passport or military ID. The office is located on the ground floor of the Main Building, Suite G3. 

Is there a charge? 

No. Your first card is free. Replacement cards for lost, stolen or damaged card are $15. The fee is waived for the replacement of a malfunctioning or damaged card (normal wear and tear). Deliberately damaged cards that have been hole punched, cracked or broken will be assessed the fee. All card replacements are issued in the Card Office during regular business hours.

What can I do online?

  • Deposit to your Topper Tender account
  • Check your balance on Topper Tender and South Congress Dollars
  • Review your transaction history
  • Freeze your card if lost or stolen
  • Unfreeze your card if found

What is Topper Tender?

This is a pre-paid declining debit account that is activated once you deposit funds. You can use the funds at the following locations both on and off campus:

  • Bookstore
  • Bon Appetit locations: South Congress Market, Hunt Hall Cafe, The Huddle, Grab & Goat
  • Jo's locations: Meadows Coffeehouse, Doyle Cafe
  • Vending Machines
  • CVS Pharmacy at 2101 S. Lamar Blvd.
  • HEA Cafe at 500 E. Ben White #D200
  • Chili's at 701 E. Stassney Lane
  • Southside Flying Pizza at 2206 S. Congress
  • Cabo Bob's Burritos at 530 E. Ben White
  • Con Madre Kitchen at 628 E. Oltorf
  • Plaza Columbian Coffee located on 3842 S. Congress Ave.

How do I deposit funds? 

Students and their families, staff and faculty may make deposits to Topper Tender accounts in the following ways: In person at the Hilltopper Card Office (Main Building, G3) using cash, credit/debit card, or check; or online using a credit/debit card. Paying with Topper in the on campus dining facilities and coffee shops receive a 5% discount over using cash or credit/debit.

Topper does not expire and balances roll over from semester to semester. Refunds may be requested upon withdrawal, transfer, or graduation from the university, or termination of employment. No refunds are available on balances of less than $10.

Can I change my meal plan?

Yes. All changes must be made in person in the Hilltopper Card Office or by email to No requests for changes in meal plans may be made after the 12th day of classes each semester.

Who is available to answer questions if I have a food allergy or require a special diet?

The general manager for Bon Appetit is available to offer assistance to anyone who may have temporary diet concerns. Students requiring long-term special diets should contact, Manager of Auxiliary Systems in the Hilltopper Card Office at

May I get an exemption from the meal plan?

Dining service staff welcomes opportunities to assist students in finding ways to meet their nutritional and dietary needs. However, if the dining staff is unable to support a medically necessary diet, the student may request an exemption from the meal plan by submitting the Meal Plan Waiver. The Meal Plan Waiver request must be accompanied by a letter from a Doctor if applying for medical exemption or recognized Religious authority if requesting a religious exemption. If you would like to seek a waiver from the meal plan requirement please contact Student Disability Services and follow the recommended steps at:

Can I transfer money from the meal plan to Topper Tender?

You are not able to transfer meal plan dollars to Topper Tender. You are able to add to Topper Tender at any time. 

Other Meal Plan Policies

  • The meal plan balances of any students who are dismissed from the university and who are not entitled to re-enroll will be forfeited at the time of the dismissal.
  • Your balance will be displayed each time you use your Hilltopper Card.
  • Meal plan dollars can only be used at the following locations: South Congress Market in Ragsdale Conference Center, The Huddle in Le Mans Hall, Hunt Hall Café all services including Coffee Bar/Bakery, Outtakes (convenience store), The Gran and Goat, Meadows Coffeehouse and Doyle Cafe.
  • Any unused balance of a student’s meal plan will roll over from the fall to the spring semester. As of June 30 every year, student meal plan account balances will be reduced to $0.00. As of that date, any meal plan dollars remaining from the fall or spring semester will be forfeited. Please note that all students must purchase a meal plan each semester regardless of any balance he/she has rolled-over from the fall to the spring semester.