Become a Software Developer
Become a software developer in Austin Coding Academy at St. Edward’s University’s 9-month part-time in-person learning program led by a professional developer.
Employment of Software Developers is projected to grow 22% between 2019 and 2029, much faster than the average for all occupations. The average salary for a software developer is $107,510 (BLS 2019).
As a graduate from the Software Developer program at Austin Coding Academy at St. Edward’s University, you can expect to land a job in the tech industry working as a software developer. Your education will include building many real-world applications which will prepare you for a job at one of Austin’s fast-growing tech companies. You can depend on the mentorship of your instructor, the assistance of our career services team, and the collaborative support of your classmates. Nothing will stop you from achieving your dream career.
Meet the Faculty
All of your instructors are currently working full-time in Software Development and are certified Austin Coding Academy instructors, approved by St. Edward’s University.. Your Campus Manager is there to support you throughout the program. Your recruitment specialist will be there to support you during your job search and assist you in landing your dream job.
Here is a breakdown of our program and what you can expect on your path to becoming a Software Developer.
Web 101 - Intro to Web Development
- HTML5 + all new HTML5 APIs
- CSS3 + Animations and Transitions
- Version Control Software - Git
- Responsive Web Design
- Input Control and Form Submissions
- Immersion in Object Oriented Programming (OOP)
- Build Unit Testing + Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Master Callbacks and Functional Programming
- Interact with remote APIs and manipulate data
Databases, Authentication, and Hosting, Oh My! In this course you’ll learn all the back-end tools you need to build the behind-the-scenes functionality for web applications. Build projects that can Create, Read, Update, and Delete their data, using MySQL, Node.js, Express.js, and Google Cloud.
- Shape your own SQL Database
- Serve Express.js routes
- Harness the power of Node.js
- MVC - Model, View, Controller
- Deploy your own Node Modules
- Learn to host, deploy and manage your web applications
React and Redux are the hotness in the industry. Created and maintained by Facebook, React.js is a library focused on beautiful user interfaces to display information from those robust databases and APIs you learned in previous courses. In this course you’ll also build your capstone project, showing off all the skills you have!
- Build web apps with React
- Maintain app state with Redux
- Build production-grade apps with Webpack
- Handle client-side routing
- Expand your knowledge of Git
- Deep-dive into HTTPS protocol
Job 501- Job Assistance Course
You’ve completed the full stack program and now have the skills of a Web Developer - let’s get you in your dream job! Our job assistance course helps you build an excellent portfolio and gain the confidence to impress at your interview!
- Technical interview prep
- White-boarding practice and feedback
- Portfolio support
- Resume building
- Networking opportunities and strategies
- Job-finding strategies