Guiding a nationally acclaimed university
Our Board of Trustees provides valuable insights and experience to help us meet our goals. Our trustees oversee financial decisions, determine policies and procedures, and position St. Edward’s to educate students for the opportunities and challenges of a 21st century world.
Members of the St. Edward's University Board of Trustees gathered for a photo during the board's February 2022 meeting.
- Chair, Steve Shadowen ’80, Attorney, Hilliard & Shadowen, LLP
- Vice Chair, Martin Rose, Attorney, Frost Brown Todd, LLC
- Secretary, Duncan Knapp Underwood ’95, President and CEO, Underwood Ventures, LLC
- Treasurer, Linus Akanoh ’06, Senior Manager, Strategic Risk Market Office, Deloitte & Touche
- Graham “Hughes” Abell, General Partner, Llano Partners, Ltd.
- Kyle Ballarta MBA ’11, Founder and CEO, Falkon Ventures
- Bro. Donald Blauvelt, CSC ’67, Brothers of the Holy Cross
- Bro. James Branigan, CSC, Director, Moreau Province Schools Office
- Jesse Butler ’99, Partner, Hajjar Peters, LLP
- Dahlia Campbell '07, PhD, Asset/Product Management, BASF
- Rita Nokes Cook ’96, Philanthropist
- Bro. Richard Daly, CSC, ’61, Moreau Province, Province Center
- Bro. Thomas Dziekan, CSC, Provincial Superior, Moreau Province, and Executive Director, Holy Cross Institute
- Ellie Ghaznavi ’89, Owner, Alliance International Company, Inc.
- Marie Gonzalez ’05, Compliance risk specialist, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston
- Catherine Tobin Hilliard, Partner, Hilliard Martinez Gonzales
- Regina Lewis, DDS, Pediatric Dentist
- Francis “Frank” Martin Moore hs ’63, Retired
- Patricia Berrier Munday ’97, Philanthropist
- Fr. Thomas O’Hara, CSC, Professor of Political Science, King’s College
- Marilyn L. O’Neill ’74, President, Risk Compliance Services Group, LLC, President, Real Estate Risk Management and Compliance Association of Texas, Keller Williams Realty
- Chris Ragland ’05, MBA ’10, Principal, Ragland Holdings LLC
- Anabel Rodriguez ’14, MPH, PhD, Research Coordinator, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth) School of Public Health
- April Lord Ruzicka ’06, Owner, Summerfield Academy Preschool
- David Sprague ’95, Founder and President, Industrial Genetics
- Ian Turpin, President, LBJ Family Wealth Advisors, Ltd.
- Melba Whatley, Owner, MDW Interests
- Montse Fuentes, PhD, President, St. Edward’s University
- Charles A. Betts, Retired
- Guy Bodine, III HS ’64, ’68, Chairman/CEO and President, Vantage Bank Texas
- Leslie Clement
- Margaret E. Crahan, Senior Research Scholar, Institute of Latin American Studies, Columbia University
- Isabella Cunningham, Stan Richards Chair in Advertising and Public Relations Strategy, Stan Richards School of Advertising & Public Relations, University of Texas at Austin
- Tim F. Gavin ’76, Retired
- Gregory A. Kozmetsky ’70, President and Chairman, KMS Ventures, Inc.
- Carolyn Lewis, CEO, Lewco Interests
- Amata Miller, IHM, Retired
- William Jennings Renfro ’95, Retired
Alumni Association Representative
- Amy Weck ’07, Assistant Vice President, Marsh Wortham
- Jason Callahan, Professor of Mathematics, St. Edward’s University
- Jae DeLeon ’22, President, Student Government Association
Staff Council Representative
- Laura Lucas, Learning Spaces Manager, Admission Office, Instructional Technology, St. Edward’s University